- Relaxing with family by the pool
- Fishing with friends on the Kings, the Buffalo, the Ouachita, and the Little Red. The trips he took with high school and college buddies made him over-the-moon happy.
- Traveling, sporting, and toasting to the good times with Hil (a highlight was watching the Cardinals clinch the Series in 2006).
- Watching ALL THE SPORTS with River, and debating with River the serious (and settled) question of whether MJ or LeBron is the GOAT. Taking Riv to Hoover, AL, to see the SEC championship win for the Diamond Hogs in 2021 was a highlight for both father and son.
- Watching and rewatching the universe of Terminator, Alien, and Predator movies with Carter. Carter plans to keep watching movies, as long as Netflix, Max, and Prime will have him.
- Listening to podcasts about college football, stoicism, history, cooking, classic movies, and everything in between.
- Listening to reggae, dubstep, hip hop, and old school rap. With Mazzy Star, Johnny Cash, and the Temptations thrown in for good measure. Music was a timeless bond Nathan had with loved ones, and many have told us he had impeccable taste, with not one wrong note. Ahead of his time, he was the first kid in Arkadelphia to buy Pearl Jam’s debut album, Ten, which dropped on August 27, 1991.
- Setting personal bests in his weightlifting home gym (415 deadlift); Pffft — 525 deadlift (Nathan’s edit).
- Playing with our beloved dogs: Trooper, Patsy, and Captain. Captain was our first rescue, and he turned into a trusted friend and spirit guide.
- Plotting out, planting, and nurturing our lily garden, which will live on as his eternal gift to Hil and the boys;
- Bringing people together and bringing out the best in people (his love for others somehow multiplied in myriad dimensions).
- Stocking and organizing his garage, aka, sporting goods depot. Did you know that a man can fit two cars, an 18-foot canoe, a jumbo crawfish boil pot, a home gym, and an epicly decorated beer fridge in a three-car garage? Nathan achieved that trim and tidy feat, with room to spare.Nathan was blessed with an army of friends and family, and the overwhelming love that you demonstrated made him weak in the knees. Nathan was happiest when those around him were having fun. He knew how to have crazy good fun. So now, keep him in mind when you are having crazy good FUN! We will keep his Facebook page active for you to post about all your happiest times and photos.He sought to leave a legacy of strength, self-discipline, lifelong learning, and compassion. https://startingstrength.com/ Confidence in one’s intelligence, self-care, talking things through, setting boundaries, and letting others know you appreciate them are some things that got him through difficult times in the last year. He simply adores River and Carter and all they will dream about and achieve. He wants us all to seize the day, take the trip, and use therapy when you feel the need. Don’t put off your joy for one more minute! Find your happy, and do that. And y’all, get the colonoscopy (the earlier the better).As he told us before he passed, he will catch us on the other side. His love remains, like Johnny Cash said, across the universe divide. Hilary is eternally grateful for the fate that brought them together, and for the transcendental love she feels at this time. Each time a friend calls, she feels Nathan’s protection and care. So keep calling:)Bob Barker passed away one day before Nathan. The Price is Right brought delight to Nathan in his last six months. Happy Gilmore, which starred Bob Barker, also provided a view of Nathan’s happy place. So Bob says, Nathan Chaney, "come on down!"Now rest, Nathan, and enjoy a place free from pain and overflowing with infinite knowledge. Keep the drinks cold and the bonfires burning for us. We cannot wait to see your beautiful face again.Flowers certainly are wonderful and appreciated, but please consider a gift in Nathan’s name to: the Humane Society of Pulaski County (https://warmhearts.org/); Arkansas Hospice (https://www.arkansashospice.
org/); Washington and Lee University School of Law (https://law.wlu.edu/ ); or the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute at UAMS (https://cancer.uams.edu/).A celebration of life for Nathan and Hilary’s friends will take place from 3:00 pm until 8:00 pm at his home on October 28, 2023. Come for the college football and barbecue, and stay for the jello shots! If it’s giving Halloween vibes for you, feel free to dress up. Right, Ashley??? LOL.The address is 4214 Stoneview Court in Little Rock. Please rsvp with number of guests to Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "NPC party" as the subject line. The plan is for adults only. Please RSVP by September 20, 2023.Events for the extended family (and their friends) will take place in Arkadelphia and Norfolk, respectively, at a later date.
Arrangements by Arkansas Cremation, 10515 W Markham St, Ste B1, Little Rock, AR 72205.
If you would like to leave a message of condolence to the family, you may do so using the "Tribute Wall" tab. www.arkansascremation.com